Looking for answers on how to hide hair loss in women?
If thinning hair, or the visibility of your scalp or bald patches are worrying you then here are six easy ways for a female to hide hair loss. There are also some handy tips on preventing or slowing hair loss in women.
Did you know that it is perfectly normal and incredibly common for a woman to lose the thickness and lustre of her once youthful hair?
As we age our hair follicles become fewer and finer. This gives the appearance of hair loss, a very embarrassing problem for a woman of any age. In fact, like so many other parts of our bodies, our hair loses the density and strength it once had as we get older.
How can a woman Hide Hair Loss and Thinning Hair?
1. Cut your hair shorter. It may sound counter intuitive, but long hair tends to drag from the roots, thus making hair on the top much flatter. When it's flat, gaps are more visible.
2. Cut in a fringe or bangs. When the hair is shorter at the front you have more flexibility to style it in certain ways that can obscure the scalp. In addition, how to hide hair loss tip number 6 below is much easier to accomplish with a fringe.
3. Wash your hair more often. Yes! We hear you. We know that women with thinning hair or who are suffering hair loss tend to believe that washing their hair more often will make the problem worse. That just isn't so. The decision for a hair to enter the resting phase and fall away, is made from within the follicle. A clean scalp and clean hair helps to maintain a healthy scalp. Clean scalp = healthy follicles. Also, clean hair is not as greasy looking and will always look thicker.
4. If you are a brunette, then dyeing your hair will make it look fuller. So while the darker shades cause more contrast with the scalp, the hair dyes of the darker colours coat the hair shaft and that makes hair thicker. Unfortunately the greys, blondes and whites look more transparent. Which leads us to tip for hiding hair loss number 5...
5. Use a female hair fibre concealer. And be sure it is made from natural plant fibres like cotton. Boost N Blend is a natural cotton hair fibre made by women specially for women. Hair fibre concealers are purchased in your hair colour. They are tiny little hair-like fibres that cling to the hair shaft, making each shaft of hair up to ten times thicker. This is perfect for hiding hair loss, thinning patches, bald spots. Boost N Blend stays in till you next wash your hair. It is wind and rain resistant.
6. The final tip for hiding hair loss is to paint on a grey root and scalp concealer like ROOTZ. The great thing about ROOTZ is that it is waterproof. So if you paint in on your scalp, it will stay in very well in all conditions.
Here are five things you could be doing to stop your hair fall and hair loss:
- Do not rub your hair dry. Patting hair dry tends to prevent stretching and irritation of the scalp while maintaining healthy hair follicles. Use a microfibre hair towel like this one.
- If you use a hair dryer ensure you use a good conditioner to protect your scalp from drying out
- Add styling products to partially dry hair. If you can get your hair to a little more than 50% dry before you add in any styling products, they tend to adhere to the hair shaft more densely and reliably as they are not watered down
- Do not brush wet hair. Use a broad tooth comb and comb wet hair into place.
- Check your nutrition. Ensure you eat enough protein and if necessary have a blood test to check on your iron levels. A body low in iron will opt to put what little iron it does have into life sustaining functions rather than growing hair
While you can take various measures such as these to maintain healthy hair, it isn’t always possible to recover the hair of our youth. That’s why I developed BOOSTNBLEND™.
With a shake or two of BOOSTNBLEND™ you can instantly recapture the hair of your younger days.
Don’t just take my word for it, read the reviews here. They speak for themselves.
Buy BOOSTNBLEND™ online at www.BoostnBlend.com or on Amazon here.
Don’t brush off thinning hair – do something about it - BUY NOW!
Hope to see you in our Facebook Group (click here to join, but please ensure you answer the questions or you won't be approved to join)